Monday’s are hard, but dinner doesn’t have to be. The last thing I want to do on Monday night is make dinner…and I love cooking. Luckily Annie’s Homegrown makes this awesome macaroni and cheese that is all natural. I tend to add in lots of vegetables, top with a little extra cheese and whole wheat panko crumbs, and then broil it for 1-2 minutes. This is the perfect meatless Monday meal in under 15 minutes.
Serves 2, ready in 15 minutes
- 1 box of Annie’s Macaroni and cheese (any kind, requires milk or milk substitute, butter optional)
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 12 grapes tomatoes
- 1 TBSP EVOO
- 1/3 cup whole wheat panko
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions, add in chopped broccoli at the same time as pasta to boiling water.
- While pasta cooks, heat EVOO in sauté pan.
- Add grape tomatoes to hot sauté pan, season with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta/broccoli and add in milk, butter, and cheese according to package directions.
- Stir in grape tomatoes.
- Place pasta mixture into an oven safe pan. Top with mozzarella cheese and panko crumbs.
- Broil 1-2 minutes.
- Enjoy 🙂