Did you know that going Meatless once per week can help to reduce climate change, deforestation, and saves water?
What’s not to love about that!
My absolute favorite flavors come from the Mediterranean regions. I’m a sucker for a great olive oil on top of roasted vegetables. I also love the taste of feta or yogurt sauce on absolutely anything.
I’ve created this easy Meatless Monday meal that can be thrown together in less than 20 minutes. Plus you get to try some of my favorite flavors. I can only hope they become your favorite too!
Mediterranean Cauliflower Nachos: Serves 2
1 bag of Green Giant Cauliflower Tots
1 cup chopped sweet onion
½ cup chopped baby spinach
½ cup roasted red peppers
½ cup artichoke hearts
¼ cup Kalamata olives
½ cup mozzarella
¼ cup feta cheese
½ tsp red pepper flakes
½ tsp oregano
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Cook cauliflower tots to package instructions (I did 12 minutes at 425 degrees).
- Sauté chopped sweet onion until it begins to brown, add ½ tsp oregano to onions.
- Chop spinach, artichoke hearts, roasted red pepper, olives. *
- After cooked cauliflower tots are removed from oven, place them into an individual sized baking dish (as pictured) then sprinkle half the mozzarella on top of the tots between the two dishes.
- Spread the spinach, artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, and olives between the two baking dishes.
- Top with remaining mozzarella and feta.
- Sprinkle with roasted red pepper flakes.
- Bake another 5 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve immediately.
*Note, I was able to get artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, and Kalamata olives premixed in an olive bar at my grocery store. You could buy all these ingredients separately.