It’s freezing cold in Michigan (like NEGATIVE 10…WHAT IS THIS) and I think we could all use some healthy yet hardy oatmeal bars to start our day. This breakfast will fuel you through digging out your car and freezing your buns off on your morning drive to work. These can be made ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator for 1 week or frozen for 1 month. Low in sugar and high in fiber, what’s not to love!
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bars (Serves 9)
2 cups quick oats
½ cup oat flour
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
¼ cup of honey OR pure maple syrup
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
1 apple, sliced and cored
Cooking spray or coconut oil to grease baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine quick oats, oat flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix honey or maple syrup, applesauce, and egg until well combined and pour into dry mixture.
- In a greased 8×8 glass baking dish, pour the combined mixture into the pan.
- Press sliced apples into the top of the oatmeal mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- May top with pecans, walnuts, peanut butter, or maple syrup.