Okay. This is my favorite breakfast dish ever. I CANNOT get enough eggs in my life and I’m such a sucker for crusty bread and any type of sauce. This take on the traditional eggs in purgatory welcomes kalamata olives and feta to give it an extra Mediterranean kick. It’s the perfect amount of protein and vegetables to kick-start your day.
- Chop ¼ cup parsley, olives, garlic until finely minced together.
- Add oregano and red pepper flakes to the mixture.
- Heat cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil to the pan.
- Add parsley, garlic, olive, and seasoning mixture to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes to pan. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Make 4 indents in the sauce to place eggs into.
- Sprinkle with half the parmesan and half the feta.
- Cover with lid and cook 5 minutes, you will want the egg whites to be set.
- Finish dish with additional olive oil drizzle, the rest of the cheeses, and the remaining parsley.