The 2018 Winter Olympics are here and I have Olympic fever. So much so that I’ve been making all my food red, white, and blue in support of Team USA. I haven’t done this yet, but the idea of an Olympic brunch sounds AMAZING. I’m talking mimosas, eggs benedict, assorted pastries, AND a red, white, and blue french toast bake.
This bake is incredibly easy. It’s the perfect dish to assemble ahead of time and bake it when your guests are arriving. All the fresh berries help lighten up the richness of the batter. Serve it with pure maple syrup and you have a gold metal brunch dish.
Team USA French Toast Bake
8 slices thick cut french bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 cups milk
¼ cup heavy cream
½ cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons vanilla
6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cut into ½-inch pieces
½ cup blueberries
½ cup strawberries, chopped
Pure Maple syrup for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut french bread into 1-inch cubes and arrange in an 8×8 greased baking dish.
- Combine eggs, milk, heavy cream, brown sugar, and vanilla. Mix until well incorporated.
- Pour mixture over french bread cubes and let sit for 30 minutes or overnight covered in the refrigerator.
- When ready to bake, top with cream cheese and berries.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes to the desired doneness.
- Serve with pure maple syrup.
- Cheer on Team USA!